If you enjoy spending time outdoors, you know that certain pests not only pose a nuisance, but a health concern. When the weather is warm and you want to have fun in your own backyard, you and your family shouldn’t have to worry about getting covered in mosquito bites.
Ashcraft Termite and Pest is ready to solve your current or potential mosquito problems. CONTACT US
While the risk of contracting a disease from mosquito bites is slight, it’s the discomfort and itching that affects us all! Even when taking precautionary steps, it is nearly impossible not to come in contact with these pests. Here are some ways you can avoid attracting mosquitoes in your yard:
- Once a week, empty and scrub, turn over, cover, or throw out any items that hold water like tires, buckets, planters, toys, pools, birdbaths, flowerpot saucers, or trash containers. Mosquitoes lay eggs near water.
- Tightly cover water storage containers (buckets, cisterns, rain barrels) so mosquitoes cannot get inside to lay eggs.
- For containers without lids, use wire mesh with holes smaller than an adult mosquito.
- Fill tree holes to prevent them from filling with water.
- If you have a septic tank, repair cracks or gaps. Cover open vent or plumbing pipes. Use wire mesh with holes smaller than an adult mosquito.
Let Ashcraft Termite and Pest help control your Mosquitoes before they become a problem for you. CONTACT US